Premise: Design Ideas


After thinking about the target audience I started to think about how this would affect the design of my characters. When I first thought about my story I found my self thinking about short stories that would play in children's projects that would be a break from the main show, so I might think about designing my animation so that it is aimed at a younger audience.

When thinking about the overall design of my characters I felt that making them looking like wooden puppets, similar to pen dolls or an artist mannequins, and that they would be dressed with blocks of colour that would have the same feel so wooden building blocks. However, I also think that adding in what looks like see through acrylic plasics or glass to try and add a fantasy element to them.

I also came across the this animation that seems to follow its own mythos story about the water cycle. The design of the characters and the way that they interact could help me think about how my mythos might play out and the over all look of the character's designs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap