Premise: Feedback and Ideas

After some time thinking about it I have decided to go with my stars mythos idea as I feel that I can have a lot of fun working out ideas for it.

As for the style I have been thinking about using blocks of colour that has small details on the clothes. The main inspiration for this style is from looking at the outfits from the 2013 film Frozen. The way that the clothes hang off the body, trail along the floor as well as with the angles that they create seem to add to personality of the characters and catching the magic of the world. The style also helps to create a clean silhouette with not that many bumps and cuts.

Another design idea I’ve had as come from looking the outfits worn by ballerinas as they seem to be designed to help tell the story that the dancers are portraying, which might help me tell the Sun and Moon’s story.


There are still some parts of the idea that I still toying around with, such as:

What way is the story going to be told?

I think that the best way to tell the story would to have it narrated but I need to think about who is going to be telling the story. The only draw back that I’m having with this idea is that I never worked with a voice actor before, so that would be an added challenge.

What way is the story going to be set?

This might affect the way the characters move, be it that they are free to the move anyway they want or have been limited in some way.

How to portray the characters?

The characters themselves are the Sun and Moon so this question I feel needs to be solved early on as it might affect the style and the way the story is told. One of the main ideas that I keep having is to humanise them but this comes from an old habit that I’ve had since I was little where I would try to think of non-human things as being human and work out their design.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the Sun/Moon story look up...

    - Rudyard Kipling's 'Just So Stories'
    - Spike Milligan poems.
    - 'Day and Night' by Pixar.
    - 'Orrery'
    - Victorian paper theatre / mechnical theatres (like you did for Collaboration)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap