Collaboration: Reflective Statement

Our collaboration project was designed to give us an understanding of what it is like to work with other people on an animation similar to working at a studio. We had to work together and relay on eachother to complete the tasks that we were each given so that we had a finished animation at the end of the project. I feel that the project has helped me see how much you have to work with other people in the animation business as well as how much pressure you are under to deliver on time.

This project was a lot of fun to do but was also a challenge that has made me think about my strengths and weaknesses and how they might impact my future projects, along with making me think how far I've come and what else I need to do to show that I can create high quality work.

I think that my main strength was that I was able to finished my jobs pretty quickly and was able to help out the others in my group when they needed someone to take off some of the load of their work, such as with the animating of the skits. I also took on some smaller tasks that I noted might have been over looked abit, like creating influence maps for our character and the title cards. However, for some part of the project I felt that I wasn't doing anything as most of the roles that I was given, such as storybroad artist and script writer, were conpleted early on and I didn't want to seem lazy.

I know that the finished skit that I created could have been done alot better but time and lack of experience lead to me facing a number of problems that held me back. It seems that the over all problem that I have is that I don't ask for help when I'm trying to animate or when I have a problem. This has lead to things looking like no throught has gone in to them and it not being fit for purpose. I guess this comes from me feeling like if I keep asking for help that I'm bothering people too much and that they might tell me to stop asking for help, along with them telling me that I should know the answer to fix what has gone wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap