Character Design: Lesson 7


Image 1

Image 2
In our 7th lesson on character design we looked at the ways that sign kicks and props can relate back to the main character and how they are used to move the story along. To understand this we were each given a character and had to design props for them to use. I got Tigger and as I watched the Winnie the Pooh cartoons when I was little I quickly understood the way that the props would be put together and what they would be made for. (Image 1) This lead to me designing things like a Heffalump trap and something that Tigger could jump on to help blow bees away when Pooh is trying to get honey.

I also throught about what Tigger would use if he was going on an adventure (Image 2), this was also easy for me as I throught about the items that little kids would use when acting out their own adventures. The pillow shield idea came from an image that I remember seeing of Pooh having a pillow tied to his back for safety.
Image 3

Image 4
 We were then given an theme and had to design a sign kick character that fitted with that. I got Aboriginal and quickly got the idea for using the dot art work and body paint that they are known for. As for character them self's I choose to use a baby Kangaroo, a Joey, as this would fit in with the Aboriginal theme.
Image 5

Image 6
I've also been working on my main character trying to put each thing that I have learnt so far together (Images 5 and 6).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap