Animation - Lesson 6 and 7

Learning about walk and running cycles.

So that it was easier to tell the limbs apart I coloured the character's left limbs red and their right limb blue.

Walk cycle


After creating the base walk animation I had to edit it so that it looked like a proper walk cycle. First I had to move the different frames so that the character's foot matched up and didn't look like they were sliding across the floor. After that I copied the animation and switched the colours round, so that they would match up to the same limb, along with making sure that the frames matched up for the next step.

Two steps

Add caption

Run cycle


Just like I had done before with the walking animation I moved the frames together so that the character didn't look like they were flying across the screen along with changing the limb colours and making sure that the copied frames matched up for the next step.

Two steps


To make it easier to see how the frames of the running animation work I put them on top of each other so that the character looks like they are running on the spot.

On the spot

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap