Life Drawing - Day 2

First drawing
The first drawing that I did was more or less where I left off form last week, freely drawing out the model's body before shading in to make the the drawing seem less flat on the page.

Second drawing
The second and third set of drawings where also like last week's work but this time I focused more on the light and shadows on the model and tried to just draw them to show the model's shape. I found that this was easier to do when I was using the charcoal as I was able to blend it to show the fainter shadows and add depth the darker areas.
Third drawing

Fourth drawing
The fourth set of drawings was basically a warm down after all the quick sketches that we had did through out the day, it also gave everyone a chance to practices drawing parts of the body that we personally felt we needed to improve on. For me it was the hands and feet and I did feel that I was improving the more I focused but noted that even though the model was facing straight on to me I was drawing them at an angle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap