Contextual Studies - Lesson One

The talk we had about contextual studies helped me to think about the feel that I wanted to convey to the audience about my city design. Thinking in deph about it will help me fine tune my designs along with making the final designs more believable, these include thinking about:

  • Should it be a Utopia or should it be a dystopia? 
  • Is the city inhabited by one type of social class and if so who? Do different classes live in the same city and if so do they mix or are they separated?
  • Is the city old or new and does this show with how the buildings are laid out?
  • How do the inhabitants move round the city?

This was something that has crossed my mind when I was reading the text and trying to think about each of the cities. The best way that I get round this was to go thought the text and try and pick out any clues that are given about the materials that are used for the city or the way that the people behave their.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Film Review: Kung Fu Panda - Act Structure

@Simon - Mesh Mishap